46 days to go!
The registrations are coming in, teams are building, the word is spreading, and the fundraising race is on.
It’s Run for Mercy time!
We are running for the freedom and wholeness of our beautiful girls – for the physically and sexually abused, the sex trafficked, the prostitute. We are running for the drug and alcohol addicted, the broken, the hurting. We are running for the anorexic, the bulimic, the exercise obsessed, the depressed, the frightened, the anxious, the self-harming. We are running for our daughters, our sisters, our friends, our mothers, for all the young women in Canada that still need Mercy.
And we are running because we believe that God has a plan and a purpose for each one of His daughters; it is a plan for good and not evil, a plan of hope and freedom.
This is the one day, every year, when all of our supporters gather together to raise money and awareness for the work at Mercy Ministries of Canada.
The Run for Mercy: 5K Leisure Run/Walk or 10K Competitive Run
When: Saturday, May 12, 2012
Time: Registration starts at 9AM, Race starts at 10AM
Where: Campbell Valley Regional Park, Langley, B.C.
How to sign up: www.runformercy.org (Choose “Canada” from the drop down box)
Here’s how you can get involved today:
- Register a team. Then recruit team members from your church or youth group or workplace or friends. In addition to supporting Mercy through your team’s fundraising goal, it is an excellent opportunity to foster community as you train and fundraise as a team. Nothing like a little 10K to bring people together!
- Spread the word for us. Put a blurb in the church bulletin, post about it on your Facebook page, announce it on Sunday mornings in church, tell people at work. Ask for donations, recruit team members, share the Mercy story – it all matters!
- Become a sponsor. We have sponsorship package levels ranging from $250 – $5,000 for businesses, churches or individuals. Give us a call to talk it over.
- Volunteer. Gather a group from your church to volunteer on the day of the Run as race marshals or at the registration table. We could always use an extra set of hands!
- Be a virtual runner! If you can’t make it to the run, please know that you can still be a part of the day by registering and fundraising from afar. Consider yourself a virtual runner – you’re part of the team, as far as we’re concerned.
We have a website set up at www.runformercy.org to register individuals or teams, track fundraising efforts, send out emails – everything you would need to make this a good experience for you.
PLUS: The first 200 registrants receive a FREE Mercy Ministries foldable, BPA-free water bottle.
Join us over at our Facebook page for frequent updates as we countdown to Race Day.
We can’t wait to see you there!